1. Electrocardiogram (EKG or ECG) is absolutely harmless and painless test to check the problems of the heart’s electrical activity, but can not detect a future heart attack. There are several medicines that change the results of ECG, this is why you must tell your doctor about all medicines prescribed that you took. Usually, a complete test lasts between five and 10 minutes, during which:
* You’ll be stretched / a on a bed or table. Hands, on legs and chest will be placed small electrodes. An ECG gel will be applied to the skin to form a barrier between skin and electrodes and to improve electrical impulses;
* During the test you are asked / to breathe normally, and sometimes you will be asked / to keep your breath. During the test you should not talk;
* In men who have more hair on his chest, a small area must be erased;
2. Blood test which can detect levels of C-reactive protein. This protein is found in plasma and is synthesized by the liver and fat cells of the body and to determine its strength.
3. Computed tomography (CT) is just a method of investigation, is irradiated by the increased risk of cancer recurrence. Only in situations where other tests do not provide an accurate diagnosis will be guided for a CT.
4. Angiography is recommended when necessary to investigate heart vessels. A test for X-rays are used (although small amounts are not indicated to be made by pregnant women). The test can identify blockages in the arteries of heart aneurysms, renal artery problems, vascular malformation or blood clots in the lungs.
5. Chest radiograph (at the doctor) is useful to detect heart problems such as enlarged heart or heart failure.
Among risk factors that cannot be changed are: age and family history of premature cardiovascular disease. Heart disease, more dangerous than cancer – cardiovascular disease killing more people than all cancers combined, with a greater percentage increase among women (55% of deaths) than men (43% of deaths) and mortality among patients with low social-economic.
Warning! If you were hospitalized for heart disease or get tired very quickly from small efforts should talk to your cardiologist. Some people with serious heart diseases are not allowed to make physical effort
An essential role in preventing heart disease is eating. A healthy diet does not mean tasteless food or strict. It’s essential to learn to eat tasty and maintain your weight and cholesterol within normal limits at the same time, whether at home or resta
No related posts were found, so here's a consolation prize: How to Complete an Application Form.
Filed Under: Health